Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Movie Night

It's alot of work being by myself in the mornings! Today is day two of the boyfriend gone and I am not enjoying it! I had to make the coffee this morning, make the Marley Bear breakfast, make my breakfast and meals for the day, take the Marley Bear out, bring up the Sparklett's jug and put out the trash cans all by myself. Sheesh!! 



So, I got my morning started by measuring out and packing all my meals for the day. I measure all of my protein and carbs with this Paula Deen scale I got from Walmart a few months ago. I love the red and it was only about $10. It might seem obsessive to weigh my food, but I had no concept of portion control or what 4 oz really looked like. This helps. Me likey.


I tried out a new breakfast this morning and I am IN LOVE. I'm playing around with my macro's and trying to lower my carbs. I tried these protein pancakes from the Tone It Up Girls. I ex-nayed the banana, because I only like to eat 1/2 of one a day and save it for after my workout for my carb with my protein shake. I also added about 1/8 cup of old fashioned oats. 

PS- I have never loved a protein powder like I love this protein powder. It tastes amazing, it's inexpensive and it's sweetened with stevia. You can get it at bodybuildng.com


I added 1/4c. blueberries, which are hiding on the other side. I smeared about 1 tablespoon of all natural PB on top and ate it whilst driving. Paired with coffee it was amazing. I bet it's even tastier with the banana...I'll have to try that.


Meal 3 and 4 were the same because I'm boring like that. I don't mind eating the same thing for a week and it's easier for bulk cooking on the weekends. I try to change it up weekly, but day to day stays pretty much the same. It's a bed of spinach topped with 4 oz of chicken, 4 oz of sweet potatoes, and purple onions. Of course I covered it in my favorite hot sauce before shoveling it in my mouth. The combination of the sweet potatoes and hot sauce is Ah-May-Zing. 


I got  little hungry between meals 3 and 4, so I snacked on some raw almonds.


Meal 5 was 1 cup of lowfat cottage cheese and blueberries. I normally love this meal, but the blueberries were weird. I bought them from Trader's on Friday and I don't like them....they're like crunchy and feels like they have seeds. Strange. I'm making Matt take me to Costco this weekend so I'll grab the big tub there.Still trying to up my water to a gallon a day. I'm up to about 3 liters a day so I'm almost there!!

For dinner, Tina and Olio came over to eat and watch a movie. Marley chased Olio sniffing her butt the entire time like a perv and Olio growled and put him in his place. They're not quite BFF's yet, but they're getting there. 




For dinner, we had a grilled veggie salad with rotisserie chicken that Tina brought over. The veggies included: asparagus, peppers, purple onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, and zucchini. We threw it on a bed of spinach with some chicken, reduced fat feta cheese and greek yogurt. It was super tasty. Tina kept raving about it and saying it reminded her of a salad from her favorite restaurant. Score.

We watched the new Twilight while feasting on our salads and split a bottle of wine. I debated all day on whether or not I would indulge and have wine. I finally decided that I would have wine because it's not an every day occurrence that I get a night to hang out with my beautiful friend. Also, this isn't just another crash diet. This is a lifestyle change and it's okay sometimes to indulge. After dinner and a glass of wine, we decided that it would probably be in our best interest to split a bag of 94% FF popcorn. Best.Decision.Ever. The movie was good and I had great company. It was a great night.

Didn't get to a workout today. Packed my gym bag up so I'm ready to go straight after work tomorrow. It's tough to get motivated without your workout buddy around! Marley and I are now cuddling in bed and watching all of these horrible people try and sing on American Idol. What a horrible season! Goodnight everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Food looks good and good company! Can't wait for August when we can all have dinner and a movie!

    ReplyDelete