Monday, February 27, 2012

On my own

Well, Matt is out of town until Thursday which means Marley and I are on our own for dinner tonight. I wanted something easy and comforting since its pouring rain outside. I decided on an egg white omelette and stuffed it with spinach, and a mixture that was from dinner yesterday: chicken, peppers, onions, and salsa. While cooking, my assistant is never more than a foot away in case something falls to the floor.



I topped it with a dallop of Greek yogurt, (we use as a sour cream substitute) a little feta cheese and my favorite hot sauce. If you don't have this hot sauce, RUN to Traders and buy it. It's amazing. 

Omelette pre hot sauce

And post hot sauce. Sooo much better :)
Side note about hot sauce: before I bet the boyfriend, peperoncinis were too hot for me and I would have to rinse the seeds out. Now I LOVE spicy foods and cover everything in hot sauce :).


For dessert, I had a chocolate strawberry protein shake made with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and ON chocolate supreme casein powder. Matt is the protein shake master in the house. His always have the perfect consistency and taste amazing. Mine was just too thick, (that's what she said) but was tasty none the less. Perfect ending to a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment