Saturday, March 17, 2012

Goals

I was chatting with my one of my sisters the other day and we were talking abut our eating habits. She's lost about 25 lbs and looks amazing. We discussed how diets never work because once you get to your goal weight, you think you're done and start eating the way you used to. Then you gain weight, diet again and the cycle continues. Eating healthy needs to be a lifestyle and become second nature or it will never work and keep you lean.


One thing that I think helps keep me going is having goals. I have multiple things planned in the next year that I know I want to look my absolute best for. We're going to Hawaii in June, we have a friend's wedding in June, Matt's brother's wedding in September, the holidays with my family and hopefully a vacation planned next summer. Everyone has days where they are exhausted from working all day and just want to go home and relax. I have those days all the time. Driving for 10 hours a day for work takes alot out of me and the last thing I want to do is go to the gym for 1 1/2 hours after. But, I push myself because I have these goals that I look forward to and know that I want to look my best and feel proud of my hard work.

 Last year at Christmas, Matt's mom took a picture of all of us on the couch. I felt so fat and and I remember that I tried to hide my stomach with the stocking so you couldn't really see how fat I was. It is one of my goals to sit for the picture this year and be PROUD of how I look.I will NOT look like this again. I've made that promise to myself.


So, my question for you is how do you stay on track with your healthy lifestyle?


No comments:

Post a Comment